BARRETT Model 99
Rugged. Reliable. Uncomplicated. The Model 99 is designed for one thing only: to get the job done. With its brilliantly simple design, hard-core construction and surprisingly few moving parts, it offers match-winning accuracy time and time again.
At the heart of this robust and accurate bolt action rifle is a one-piece 7000 series aluminum alloy extrusion. A heat-treated steel M1913 optics rail is attached to the top of the extrusion by closely spaced high-strength bolts. The match-toleranced barrel is pressed and locked into the receiver, creating a rock-solid unitized structure on which to mount a riflescope. The Model 99 barrel is made in a heavier contour to ensure repeatable accuracy. The chamber area is encased by the thick-walled aluminum extrusion of the receiver, resulting in unparalleled safety for the shooter.
The bolt is machined from a single piece of shock-resistant tool steel. The action’s strength is exemplified by the 15 bolt lugs that lock into the machined barrel extension. The bolt’s few moving parts, an extractor, ejector and firing pin assembly, make it reliable and easy to maintain.
The Model 99 is easily disassembled without tools by removing three quick-release assembly pins. These pins attach the trigger housing and bolt guide to the receiver assembly. The match-quality trigger design is exclusive to Barrett and virtually maintenance-free. The bipod can easily be detached for benchrest shooting.
Known as much for its dependability as its versatility, the Model 99 combines smooth functionality with dead-on accuracy, shot after shot.
- One-piece Alcoa 7000 series aluminum alloy extrusion
- Heat-treated steel M1913 optics rail is attached to top of extrusion by closely spaced high-strength structural fasteners
- Match-toleranced barrel is hydraulically pressed & locked into the extrusion, resulting in a rock-solid, unitized structure on which to mount a riflescope
- Bolt machined from single piece of proprietary grade steel
- Barrel twist-right: 1 in 12″
- Easily disassembled w/out tools
- Maintenance-free match-quality trigger
- Bipod is easily detached for benchrest shooting
- Model 13305: 29″ fluted barrel, comes with bipod & hard carrying case
Mfg Item Num: 13305
Category: FIREARMS – TACTICAL RIFLES
Action: Bolt Action Single Shot
Caliber: 50 BMG (Browning Machine Gun)
Bbl Length: 29 in FlutedBarrel
Trigger: Match Quality
OAL: 47 in
Weight: 23 lbs